TMJ disorder has a wide range of painful associated symptoms. This common condition affects the temporomandibular joints at either side of the jaw. All too often, patients treat this condition as little more than an annoyance, using over-the-counter pain medication. Unfortunately, ignoring TMJ disorder can result in worsening symptoms and impaired jaw function.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, you may be living with TMJ disorder, and should seek treatment at our Palm Beach Gardens office:
- Headaches or migraines
- Earaches or chronic ringing of the ears called tinnitus
- Difficulty opening or closing your mouth all the way
- Clicking or popping sounds emanating from the jaw when you open your mouth
- Frequent discomfort localized around the jaw, temples, or the side of your face
- Unexplained neck or shoulder pain that you can’t attribute to a specific injury