As time goes on, our teeth begin to wear down, they become more vulnerable to damage, and it’s almost inevitable to avoid chips, cracks, discoloration, and similar dental health care problems. These issues can turn any smile into a frown, and can, in fact, lead to greater health problems down the road. By covering the blemishes on your teeth, porcelain veneers can help restore the luster to your smile. After a quick procedure, you won’t miss a chance to show off your picture-perfect grin. In what follows, we detail what porcelain veneers are and how they can benefit you.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
A Porcelain Veneer is a thin shell made from tooth-colored material (porcelain) that is fitted over the teeth to cover cracks and other imperfections, including stains. Cosmetic flaws that veneers can help with include:
- Cracked teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Gaps between teeth
- Poorly shaped or sized teeth
Veneers were first invented in 1928 by Charles Pincus, a California dentist who developed them so that actors could use them to quickly improve the appearance of their teeth prior to film shoots. Since then, veneers have markedly improved, and today they represent a durable and predictable solution to the cosmetic imperfections that burden our smiles.
Advantages of Porcelain
There are numerous benefits to porcelain veneers. These include:
- Effective and Efficient: Whether your teeth are cracked, chipped, discolored, or if you’d like to change the shape and size of your teeth, porcelain veneers may be the ideal solution for you. Generally preferred to dental bonding, porcelain veneers look just like natural teeth – your friends and family will hardly be able to tell the difference, and they will love your new smile.
- Fast Procedure: Porcelain veneers do not require an involved Procedure for placement. In just 2 visits, you can enjoy the blemish-free smile you deserve.
- Stain Resistant: Porcelain veneers are popular options for patients who suffer from tooth discoloration. Depending on the extent and grade of the discoloration, teeth-whitening may not be an effective option. In these cases, porcelain veneers may be perfect for you. Not only can they help cover stains, but they’re also resistant to them! That means that you can enjoy a brilliantly white smile, without having to worry about the problem recurring in the future.
- Durable: If well maintained, a porcelain veneer can continue to benefit you for 10–30 years. At PGA Dentistry, we use only the best materials and the latest, safest procedural techniques, so you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest quality treatment in the South Florida area.
- Smile Makeover: Porcelain veneers can completely transform a smile in just 2 visits to our Palm Beach Gardens, FL dental office. They are also compatible with other dental treatments, including teeth whitening, fillings, and dental bridges. With porcelain veneers at PGA Dentistry you know that your dental health is receiving comprehensive treatment that will address your needs.