Brushing and flossing are important, but lifestyle choices also play a large part in ensuring good oral health. Here are a few choices that you can make today!
1. Eat healthy-Proper nutrition and a diet rich in Vitamin D, Calcium and Omega 3 will promote strong soft tissues and healthy teeth.
2. Butt out- Smoking can cause oral cancer and periodontal disease.
3. Get fit- Those who stay physically active have a lower incidence of severe gum disease.
4. Pamper yourself- Lower your stress levels to decrease your body’s production of the hormone cortisol- a known gum-disease trigger.
5. Visit us and your doctor regularly- Regular checkups screen for chronic illnesses, including those associated with periodontal disease.
Live a longer, healthier life by embracing good habits and keep your smile looking its very best!