The Importance of Dental Exams and Cleanings
The American Dental Association recommends that people schedule a routine dental check-up at least twice a year. These dental exams allow dentists to monitor a patient’s oral health, while professional cleanings are an important preventative tool that help patients avoid serious dental problems. Dr. Jay L. Ajmo offers patients a wide range of general dentistry services that monitor and protect the health of the teeth, gums, and other soft tissues of the mouth. To schedule your dental exam and cleaning, contact our Palm Beach Garden practice today.
What to Expect at Your Check-up
It is probably safe to say that few people look forward to going to the dentist. No matter how advantageous these routine appointments may be, many people feel a bit of anxiety when it is time for their bi-annual exam. Dr. Ajmo understands that this is a common mindset amongst patients and he does his best to ensure that each exam and cleaning is a pleasant and comfortable experience for patients. He uses a gentle touch and keeps patients informed throughout their exam so they know exactly what to expect. Each dental exam and cleaning is likely to include the following:
- An examination of each tooth to check for decay, chips, cracks, or other structural damage
- A measurement of the gum line to check for periodontal pockets
- A visual examination of the gums and other soft tissues of the mouth to check for signs of oral cancer
- An evaluation of any past dental work or restorations
- A scaling (or cleaning) of the teeth to remove built up plaque and tartar
- A polishing of the teeth
- Any oral care instructions or advice that may improve a patient’s oral health care routine
- Discussion of any additional treatment that may be recommended
While a lot is accomplished at these check-ups, they actually do not take a great deal of time. In most cases, patients are out of our office in less than an hour.
Benefits of Dental Exams and Cleanings
Patients should schedule regular dental exams and cleanings, not only because it is recommended, but also because it is good for them. The benefits of these twice-yearly check-ups include the following:
- Preservation of good oral health
- The ability to diagnose and treat oral health problems before they become severe
- The avoidance of costly and invasive dental treatments
- A good understanding of oral health and proper oral hygiene habits and techniques
Schedule an Appointment
At the PGA Center for Advanced Dentistry, we offer a wide range of restorative dentistry services, but our ultimate goal is to help patients preserve a smile that is beautiful and healthy so that restorative services are not necessary. If you would like to learn more about our general dentistry services and what can be accomplished at a routine dental exam and cleaning, schedule an appointment with Dr. Jay L. Ajmo at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you.
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist: Continuing Education - Go with a Dentist in Boca Raton Constantly LearningCategories:Continuing Education, Choosing A Cosmetic DentistAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-07-10
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist: Difference Between an Expert in Cosmetic Dentistry and a General Dentist in Jupiter, FLCategories:Cosmetic DentistAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-06-19
It's for Real- Protect Your Future With Dental Implants at Dr. Jay Ajmo's Palm Beach Gardens Office!Categories:Missing Teeth, Implant Dentist, Dental ImplantsAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-02-21
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
Please feel free to give us a call or stop by anytime if you have a question or would like to schedule an appointment.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418