The Importance of Investing in a Custom Sports Mouth Guard
Whether you are an athlete looking for information about how you can better protect your teeth, or you are a parent reading this blog post on behalf of your child who is about to enter the world of youth sports, we’re glad you’ve found this page. You clearly understand how important it is to safeguard the precious hard and soft tissues of the mouth. It is far easier and cheaper to invest in a well-made, custom-crafted sports mouth guard now than to risk having to spend thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars on a series of restorative dentistry procedures down the road to repair the damage done by a serious orofacial injury.
At PGA Center for Advanced Dentistry in Palm Beach Gardens, sports mouth guards are customized from the finest, most durable materials so that they fit precisely and comfortably in the athlete’s mouth, taking into account his or her unique dentition. Although they are undeniably more expensive, these mouth guards are far superior to their over-the-counter and boil-and-bite counterparts in every conceivable way, offering significantly more protection from all types of injury, from the slight to the severe. Especially for participants of team sports in which collisions and contact are inevitable, such as football, basketball, hockey, and rugby, custom sports mouth guards are an absolute necessity.
Benefits of Custom Sports Mouth Guards
Custom sports mouth guards offer a variety of benefits that their cheaper store-bought alternatives cannot match. These benefits include:
- They can be customized to the sport: Custom mouth guards can be designed to meet the unique needs of the sport being played. A football player, for example, will require a different sort of protection from a basketball player. Aside from including a detachable strap, store-bought mouth guards will not take such differences into account.
- They will take the age of the athlete into account: If you are reading this article on behalf of a child between the ages of, say, six and 12 years old, you will want to invest in a mouth guard that will allow room for the loss of baby teeth and the subsequent eruption of adult teeth.
- They can be molded to the unique dentition of the athlete: The boil-and-bite mouth guards claim to be able to do this, but they tend to “thin out” as a person bites down, and they do not mold with much precision to teeth with chips, cracks, or flaws in shape or spacing. Custom mouth guards will take into account the finest details in a patient’s dentition, including missing teeth and previous dental injuries.
- They can be specially crafted to account for braces and other orthodontic treatments.
- They are made of durable materials that will maintain their integrity over the course of an entire season, not just a few games.
Learn More about Custom-crafted Sports Mouth Guards
As an athlete or parent of an athlete, you owe it to yourself to find out more about the benefits of custom-crafted sports mouth guards. We encourage you to contact PGA Center for Advanced Dentistry today for further information.
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist: Continuing Education - Go with a Dentist in Boca Raton Constantly LearningCategories:Continuing Education, Choosing A Cosmetic DentistAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-07-10
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist: Difference Between an Expert in Cosmetic Dentistry and a General Dentist in Jupiter, FLCategories:Cosmetic DentistAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-06-19
It's for Real- Protect Your Future With Dental Implants at Dr. Jay Ajmo's Palm Beach Gardens Office!Categories:Missing Teeth, Implant Dentist, Dental ImplantsAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-02-21
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
Please feel free to give us a call or stop by anytime if you have a question or would like to schedule an appointment.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418