5 Most Common Oral Complaints- All Preventable and Treatable
Some of the most commonplace mouth problems can be prevented with proper home care and regular checkups. And the good news is that they’re all treatable!
1. Bad Breath: Don’t blame strong foods. Poor oral health is the major cause of chronic halitosis and it can be a warning sign of gum disease, so if you have bad breath, we should take a look.
2. Tooth Decay: Plaque bacteria produce acids that attack tooth enamel and it not removed from teeth through thorough brushing and flossing, cavities will form. We can fill cavities, but the can severely compromise teeth, the only part of the body that cannot heal itself.
3. Canker Sores: Their cause is unknown, but stress, diet and weakened immunity can all play a part. If they persist, visit us as they can warn of other oral and overall health issues.
4. Gum Disease: Gingivitis is often caused by poor oral hygiene, and if left untreated, it can progress to periodontitis. If you have red, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath, mouth infections, or loose teeth, see us immediately. Gum disease is treatable and sometimes it’s even reversible!
5. Receding Gums or a Gummy Smile: Gum sculpting can fix a gummy smile, but if your gums are receding, you may have periodontitis. We can help stop further damage and make reparations.
If you have oral health concerns, don’t wait for them to escalate. Come and see us!
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist: Continuing Education - Go with a Dentist in Boca Raton Constantly LearningCategories:Continuing Education, Choosing A Cosmetic DentistAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-07-10
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist: Difference Between an Expert in Cosmetic Dentistry and a General Dentist in Jupiter, FLCategories:Cosmetic DentistAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-06-19
It's for Real- Protect Your Future With Dental Implants at Dr. Jay Ajmo's Palm Beach Gardens Office!Categories:Missing Teeth, Implant Dentist, Dental ImplantsAuthor:Dr. Jay AjmoDate:2014-02-21
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
Please feel free to give us a call or stop by anytime if you have a question or would like to schedule an appointment.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418