The Safest Most Comfortable Care for Dental Anxiety
Mild Oral Sedation & IV Sedation Expert
Fact is, almost 75% of all Americans lose sleep & experience feelings of worry & stress about dental work. Up to 20% of all Americans avoid going to the dentist altogether because of fear & anxiety, even when they’re suffering with pain & discomfort. Poor oral health, dental infections, tooth decay & periodontal gum disease can contribute to significant other health problems including heart disease, stroke, diabetes & pneumonia.
If you’ve been hiding your smile, have difficulty chewing, or are avoiding having your teeth fixed because of dental phobia or fear of the dentist, your life is about to change for the better. Dr. Jay Ajmo offers new safe & effective sedation techniques so you can have ALL of your dental treatments performed quickly & easily by the same doctor in the same relaxing office. You may have heard of Sedation Dental Care described in a variety of ways: Anxiety Free Dentistry, Mild Oral Sedation, or “In A Twilight State.” Although you are not truly sleeping, all of these procedures refer to you taking a sleeping pill before treatments. Dr. Ajmo frequently uses mild oral sedation for his patients who just need a sedative to relax & reduce stress, but for patients who want to be totally unaware of dental procedures such as Cosmetic Smile Makeovers, Dental Reconstruction, Dental Implants & Oral Surgery, Dr. Ajmo offers the benefits of IV Sedation!
PALM BEACH'S BOARD CERTIFIED IV SEDATION DENTIST: ALL YOUR TREATMENT DONE BY ONE EXPERT
Dr. Jay Ajmo has undergone extensive training in Intravenous or IV Sedation at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York & is certified by the American Heart Association in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).He is the only Board Certified IV Sedation Dentist in Northern Palm Beach County & is an active member of The American Dental Society of Anesthesiology. He & his team of professionals have been diligently inspected by the Florida Department of Health to ensure their competence & skill in all forms of Sedation Dentistry; Mild Oral Sedation & IV Sedation.
What this means for you is that you can safely & comfortably have all your advanced dental treatments performed by the same doctor at the same time with a sedative pill or with the advantage of IV medications.
Dr. Ajmo’s areas of expertise are in Aesthetic Smile Makeovers, Implant Dentistry & Comprehensive Dental Restoration. The renowned Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry has awarded Dr. Ajmo a Master’s Level status for his naturally beautiful cosmetic smile designs. He has earned a Diplomate Certification with the American Dental Implant Association & a Fellowship with the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He has had the honor of being voted “South Florida’s Most Distinguished Cosmetic Dentist” by The Best of South Florida.
25 years of experience in Advanced Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry combined with the exceptional comfort of Mild Oral Sedation or IV Sedation allows Dr. Ajmo to give you the youthful healthy smile you’ve always wanted, even if you think your problems are too massive to handle.
For patients who have medical conditions, we have a Physician Anesthesiologist on staff who will consult directly with your doctors about your personal medical history.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR SEDATION DENTISTRY?
- Experience stress, fear, or anxiety at the dentist
- Have had previous traumatic dental experiences
- Are afraid or embarrassed about their smile
- Are afraid of needles in their mouth
- Don't like "Novocain" or anesthetic
- Have difficulty getting anesthetized or numb
- Have strong gag reflexes
- Need Oral Surgery or Implant Surgery
- Need Complex Major Dentistry
- Are seen for longer dental visits like Smile Makeovers & Dental Reconstruction
FACTS ABOUT MILD ORAL SEDATION:
- It works effectively for mild to moderate fear
- It is safe! You take 1-2 sedative pills prior to your visit
- You will have very little memory of the procedure
- You will be sedated for several hours after you take the pills
- It is effective for procedures such as porcelain crowns, cosmetic veneers & Dental Implants
- You will need a companion to drive you to & from your appointment
FACTS ABOUT IV SEDATION:
- It is very safe
- It is extremely effective for moderate to severe fear
- It is much more effective than sedative pills & can last as long as necessary
- IT CAN ONLY BE ADMINISTERED BY A BOARD CERTIFIED SEDATION EXPERT
- You will have absolutely no memory of the procedure
- Longer dental visits that take hours will seem like just a few minutes
- The recovery time from the IV medicine is relatively quick
- Analgesics (pain killers) can be administered with the IV during treatment
- It is very effective for Implant Surgery & Oral Surgery
- It is very effective for longer procedures like Smile Makeovers & Dental Reconstruction
- Treatment that would normally take multiple appointments can be completed in just a few visits
- Years of problems or neglect can be corrected in a short time
- You will need a companion to drive you to & from your appointments
THE MAIN ADVANTAGES OF IV SEDATION VS. ORAL SEDATION
IV Sedation tends to be the best method of choice if you totally don’t want to be aware of the procedure; if you “don’t want to know.” It is highly reliable, safe & effective for comfort & amnesia during all types of treatment & can only be administered by a Board Certified Sedation Dentist. IV Sedation’s onset of action is immediate & can be increased easily & rapidly to meet the individual’s needs. Its level of sedation can be adjusted deeper and can be continued for longer periods of time than sedative pills. Analgesics (pain medication) can simultaneously be administered directly through the IV offering immediate total pain relief during the procedure. This is a huge advantage compared to oral sedation, where its effects can not be adjusted or rapidly increased & analgesics are not be administered simultaneously. Oral sedation is not nearly as reliable or effective in that in many cases, patients find “it’s just not enough sedation.”
If you or someone you know could be helped with Sedation Dentistry, give our Palm Beach Gardens office a call at 561-627-8666. Our courteous staff will take the time to listen to your concerns & make sure we answer all of your questions. You can be rest assured that you’ll be in the best hands in our office. Since 1987, clients all through South Florida including Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Jupiter, Ft. Lauderdale & Miami have trusted Dr. Ajmo for their advanced dental needs. If you’re traveling from anywhere across the U.S. or Europe, travel & hotel arrangements can be arranged at the nearby five star PGA National Resort & Golf Club .Special golf packages are available to our clients upon request. Just ask our patient coordinator for details.